Frequently Asked Questions
How Does the Virtual Shopping Experience Work?
- Once you sign up for an appointment time, you will receive a link to join us via the zoom video app (zoom can be downloaded on your smartphone or PC). This will allow us to walk through the store with you and pick out what you would like to purchase.
I heard Zoom is not secure?
- We do not discuss any personally identifiable information with you during your zoom call or take your payment information, payment processing is handled through our 3rd Party super secure payment processor after your zoom call.
How do I pay for my purchase?
- After your zoom call, we will e-mail you an invoice. If the invoice appears to be correct, you make click a link to be taken to our secure website where you will enter your payment details. Our Payment processor uses bank level encryption to safely record your payment details.
How do I get my products?
- We currently offer same day delivery within Sarasota County or we can ship your order using USPS. No additional charge for orders over $50 ($5 for orders under $50).
What steps do you take to make sure my products are not contaminated with Coronavirus?
- This is our biggest concern for our customers. Bead Abode was one of the first businesses in Sarasota to close due to the safety concern we have for our customers. All merchandise is disinfected using our commercial UV sanitizer before being sealed for delivery. If it doesn’t fit in the machine, we will spray it with microban which is designed to kill viruses on surfaces for up to 24 hours. During delivery we request that you not meet us outside of your home. We will place the items in front of your door so you can retrieve them when you’re ready.
Why don’t you offer curbside pick-up?
- Our reading of the Governor’s “Stay at Home Order” (Executive Order 20-91) is that our business cannot provide pick-up service because we do not sell food or essential supplies. However we do appear to fall under an attachment to the Governor’s order at Page 27, paragraph 22 which says “Any business that is interacting with customers solely through electronic or telephonic means, and delivering products via mailing, shipping, or delivery services”